- It's week 18 of marathon training. Week 18. 18! Only 68 days left until Dopey weekend. The first of three, 20+ mile runs is in just a few weekends- eek!
- I'm tweeting! Follow me and enjoy the awkwardness of me trying to understand twitter: @sparklyrunner.
- Matthew and I started a new virtual run series with 10 distances to complete- we've signed up for the first four so far. Each distance is representative of a different "station" from the show Lost. Matt is a big fan (read- slightly obsessed) of the show and I've never seen him more excited over the medals. You can see them here.
- Speaking of medals, run Disney released the new medals for Princess and Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekends. Now I'm a little sad I won't be adding these to my collection :-(
|Princess Half Marathon, 10k, and Glass Slipper Challenge Medals|
- I joined Half Fanatics! This is a group of runners who love the half marathon distance and love to race on back-to-back weekends, days, months, etc. I think the confirmation email sums it up:
- As of last weekend, I have a new "unofficial" 10k PR- 1:13:56. I say unofficial because I earned this on a course that is not certified and did not use timing chips. I also came in as the last finisher, while wearing a batman shirt and a cape. So while I finished last, I was the fastest at this distance I've ever been; a first for me.
- This blog's name may be changing! While we all know I'm a princess (ha!), there are some other blogs, shops, and organizations that have the same or similar names. Look for a new url very soon :-)