**EDIT: There was a little technical difficulty with the rafflecopter earlier but it's all good now! Thanks for your patience!**
Yup, that's right- this little blog is two years old today!
It all started in the summer of 2013 when I decided to start writing about my experience as a runner. Because of this blog, I've been able to represent awesome companies I believe in (J&A Racing, Enell Sports Bras), I've met some amazing bloggers who've become friends (too many to name!), and writing here helped me cope (so freaking much!) with my injury earlier this fall.
But most important, I've been able to interact with all of YOU. Reading your comments, chatting with you via email, and meeting up with you at races around the country has been one of the coolest experiences of my life. Thank you for sharing this little corner of the internet with me.
Because I love ya'll so much, I'm going to give you a gift!
I've pulled together some of my favorite running must-haves and I'd love to give it to you! Now, if I were a rich woman, I'd make one of these up for each of you. But because I'm not, you can enter to win this a variety of ways via the rafflecopter below.
What are you entering to win??
All this good stuff!
- a MUST for summer running
A pair of Balega Socks
- fabulous running socks
2 packs of Gu Shot Bloks
- perfect for the long run
2 Honey Stinger Waffles
- my mandatory pre-race fuel
A GymBoss Interval Timer
- a Galloway runner's best friend
|Pretty cool if you ask me :-)|
Some rules for this giveaway- it will run until 7/29 at midnight. At that time, rafflecopter randomly selects a winner from all the entries. The more points you accumulate, the more entries you can get- make sure to tweet about the giveaway every day to get more chances to win!
I will contact the winner on 7/29 by email and will give a two day window to respond/claim the prize. If I have not heard from the winner by midnight on 7/31, I will draw another name/winner from the rafflecopter list.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A year in review...
Just like last year
, here's a list of the top five blog posts (based on page views) from July 2014- July 2015:
5. Back to Basics: How To Start Running
4. Costumes for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend
3. Race Recap & Review: Harrisburg Half Marathon
2. Race Recap & Review: Wine & Dine Half Marathon
1. Accountability Monday: 9/29/2014
And these are some of my favorite posts, in no particular order!
Volunteer Recap & Review: Marine Corps Marathon
- This was so fun! Seriously, if you haven't volunteered at a race before, you should absolutely consider it. And I'm still super proud of myself for navigating the scooter on and off the DC Metro :-)
Back to Basics: Race Etiquette
- Please read this and pass along to your runner/walker friends :-)
My Losing List
- This one was really hard for me to write- it's scary writing down your deepest, darkest, most negative thoughts/feelings and then posting them on the internet! But, it helped me tremendously to be able to make a list of what motivates me and then call on that list when I'm struggling.
Race Recap & Review: Pittsburgh Marathon
- My second marathon was simply amazing and I wholeheartedly recommend the Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend to anyone who loves running, high-fiving tons of spectators, and really cool bling.
- This is one of those posts that is straight from the heart and still makes me emotional when I read it.
In summary, it's been an awesome year, YOU are awesome, and blogging is awesome. Thanks for all your love, support, and feedback- cheers to two years!
PS- None of the products/companies above donated to this prize pack. I just bought things I liked and wanted to give them to you :-)