While I was enjoying this newfound feeling of freedom during my run, it got me thinking about all the other things I need/love/have-to-have while running. Here's my list of "musts" for any run:
- Brooks Adrenaline running shoes- a great stability shoe in fabulous colors.
- Enell sports bras- a MUST for high impact exercise. They just started selling new colors- my "orchid" one is being delivered this week!
- Capris- I love the Champion series from Target.
- Race shirt- it's incredibly motivating wearing previous race shirts to train in.
- Body Glide- this stuff changed my life. True story.
- Balega socks- breathable and supportive.
- Music- favorite songs to run to include "Gold" by Britt Nicole, and "Shut up and let me go" by the Ting Tings.
- Sweaty Bands- perfect for thick or layered hair and they have HUNDREDS of designs to choose from.
- Map My Run- the app is the next best thing if you can't afford a fancy GPS watch. It's also great to see how many miles you've logged, calories burned, etc. I ran over 40 miles in July!
- Shot Bloks- I use these on 5+ mile runs. Favorite flavors are tropical punch and cran-razz. The margarita is kind of gross but has a high salt content which is great for long distances.
- Awesome running partners- I like to think I have some of the BEST running partners out there- Matthew, Kelly, and Morgan- you all are rock stars! :-)
- I am stronger than this challenge. This challenge is making me stronger.
- There will come a day when I can no longer do this. Today is not that day.
- Dead last finish is greater than did not finish which trumps did not start.
- You don't have to go fast, you just have to go.
|Tonight's motivation- Disney Half shirt and Princess Half Bondi band.|