It's that time again: another Virtual runDisney Blog Hop! With only 16 days until Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend officially kicks off, be sure to check out all the great posts (by clicking on the icon below) for everything you need to know about "the ultimate runner's night out!" This post will cover transportation.
|Click here for more Wine & Dine fun!|
This year will be our fourth trip to Walt Disney World for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend. And though I won't be running the half (I might be walking the 5k- waiting on the OK from my doctor), I'll still be utilizing runDisney's FREE transportation to get to all the festivities for race weekend.
As with every runDisney race, shuttles- coach buses- are provided to assist guests with getting from their host WDW resort to the expo and the race start/finish lines. Let's start with host resorts- not all WDW resorts will have transportation. For this year's race, the following resorts will have free transportation all weekend long:
- All Star Music/Sports/Movies Resorts
- Pop Century Resort
- Beach Club Resort
- Yacht Club Resort
- Boardwalk Inn
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
- Port Orleans Resort- French Quarter
- Port Orleans Resort- Riverside
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Polynesian Resort
These host resorts will offer transportation to and from the Health & Fitness Expo at Wide World of Sports (WWOS); to and from the 5k at Animal Kingdom; to and from the start of the half marathon at WWOS; and to and from the half marathon finish/party at Epcot.
In the lobby of each of these hotels, look for race transportation signs. They will lead you to the line for the coach buses that will take you wherever you need to go for the race weekend activities.
|TIP: Try to get on the very front set of seats- they have cup holders!|
From the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend Guide, here are the hours of operation for the weekend:
Transportation Hours for runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
Friday, November 7
Friday, November 7
- From Host Resorts to Expo: 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Transportation from Expo to Host Resorts concludes at 7:30 p.m.
- From Host Resorts to Expo: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Transportation from Expo to Host concludes at 3:30 p.m.
- 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- 5K participants must board buses no later than 5:30 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals by 6:15 a.m.
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Families with participants in the Kids Races must board buses no later than 9:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals by 9:45 a.m.
- Transportation begins at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and concludes at 4:30 a.m. on Sunday.
- Half Marathon participants must board buses no later than 8:00 p.m. in order to make it to their corrals by 9:15 p.m.
- Transportation will continue throughout the evening for spectators.
- Finish Line Party admission to Epcot® begins at 7:00 p.m. and a party ticket is required.
These schedules are usually also posted in the lobby of host resorts- look for large signs near the "Race Transportation" signs.
|TIP: Get some sleep when you can! These shuttles leave EARLY!|
Because the half marathon starts in one location, WWOS, and finishes in another, Epcot, ALL runners (not just people staying at a host resort), will need to take a shuttle to the start. There will be no parking at the start at WWOS. All runners who are driving themselves- or being dropped off- will need to park at Epcot and take a free shuttle to WWOS. Parking at Epcot is free after 6 pm. All parking is free at WWOS and as long as you park before 7 am (for the 5k), parking is free at Animal Kingdom as well. More details on parking can be found here.
Every time we've done this event- and all other runDisney events- we've used the provided host resort transportation and have always been able to be where we need to be, when we need to be there. We love runDisney transportation! Almost as much as we love the actual races! :-)
If you have questions about Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend transportation (or just the race in general!), please don't hesitate to ask with a comment here, send me an email (email@example.com), or tweet it to me @sparklyrunner.
Happy Running! Who will I see in a few weeks in Walt Disney World?!