As you may remember from when I first got diagnosed, I was crushed. And to be honest, I'm still a little sad. It's disappointing to plan for something almost a year in advance and then not be able to follow-through. It will be hard to be in Disney and not run the races I signed up for. But, it's a good thing this trip isn't all about running- it's also about having an amazing time in the most amazing place with the amazing running friends and family we've made throughout our years as runDisney enthusiasts.
So let's break down why this trip will be so good:
- Walking the 10k Friday morning with Dad, Matthew, and Dad's girlfriend Margie. I love Minnie and I love her race! Can't wait to get my hands on that sweet Minnie medal!
- I got invited to a special event- a blogger cook-off sponsored by Cigna on Friday afternoon. There will be food, running talk, and pictures with Disney characters; all my favorites in one place.
- Cheering at the half marathon Saturday morning. There's just something about being around Cinderella's castle before the sun comes up that is extra magical. I've got lots of signs for Matthew and my running ohana and I'm just thrilled to be able to see everyone run by on Main Street USA.
- Watching Dad and Matthew run the marathon Sunday morning. I still can't believe my dad is going to be a marathoner. I am so crazy proud and I know watching him will be such a cool experience. And this will be Matthew's eighth full marathon and fifth Goofy! He really is Goofy :-)
- Meeting lots of old and new friends. Some of our best friends we've met through runDisney events/waiting in line at runDisney events :-) For us, this is like a big reunion weekend and we can't wait to see all of our Disney-loving pals.
As you're reading this, we should be landing in Orlando and then heading to the expo. I'll probably be away from the blog until late next week sometime. But I'll be posting tons of pictures and updates on facebook, instagram, and twitter so follow along on our last (for a while) runDisney adventure!
See ya real soon!
|Outfit for the 10k.|
|One of many spectator signs for the weekend.|
See ya real soon!
Hope you all have a blast this weekend! Can't wait to see all of your pics, and to hear about the Cigna event. I was so sad to have to RSVP "no" when I got the invite since we aren't there this weekend.ReplyDelete
Have an amazing weekend.ReplyDelete
Hi Sarah...though I have never met you I read your blog religiously. You are a true inspiration. I just completed the Goofy Challenge in WDW. I would have love to have met you but the next best thing was meeting Matthew and your dad during the marathon. Be sure to ask him about Lori from Minnesota...we even took a selfie together.ReplyDelete
Lori! Matthew told me all about you!!! I'm so glad you were able to meet Matthew and my dad- they loved it! Thanks for flagging them down :-) Your selfie will be on my recap :-) And thank you for reading- I'm so sorry we weren't able to connect in WDW. Congratulations on your first marathon! Can't wait to hear all about it!Delete